Mitchell County North Carolina Arrest Warrant Criminal Records

Search For Warrants

NameAddressCityStateZip CodePhone Number
(1897)Mitchell County Criminal Records & Warrants Offices
Mitchell County Sheriffs Department63 Crimson Laurel WayBakersvilleNC28705828-688-3982
Mitchell County Criminal Records & Warrants Offices
Bakersville Police Department26 South Mitchell AvenueBakersvilleNC28705828-688-2113
Spruce Pine Police Department138 Highland AvenueSpruce PineNC28777828-765-2233
Spruce Pine Police Department193 Valley RoadSpruce PineNC28777828-765-2233
Mitchell County Criminal Records & Warrants Databases
Mitchell County Arrest Warrants
Mitchell County Child Support Warrants
Mitchell County Criminal Records
Mitchell County Pistol Permits & Gun Licenses
Mitchell County Sex Offender Registry

Overview Of Warrant Records

One of the most important pieces of information about a person is their criminal background that is available through warrants. What most people don’t know is that warrants are just one piece of paper that gives police the authority to arrest and detain a person without having to do anything more. You may be able to have outstanding warrants out of your jurisdiction, but it doesn’t mean that you can just go into the local courthouse or county clerk’s office and get the information on any person that has an outstanding warrant out for their arrest. Instead, you will need to obtain warrants from the courts in your jurisdiction. This article will explain how to get a copy of a person’s warrant records.

Warrant Records in Mitchell County North Carolina: Searching For Warrants The first step to obtain a copy of any warrants out there is to go to the county clerk’s office in the county where the person has been arrested and the warrants were served. There are different formats that these documents tend to be in. Some warrant applications will have to be completed by a representative from the county while others will allow you to search through the files online.

When looking up the information about a warrant you will want to first find out where it was issued. If the person had it printed out then you will be able to search for the record in that specific courthouse. However, many times the document is not located at the courthouse, and it may be located instead in the police station or county jail. Once you have located the warrant then you will be able to get further details about the warrant. This includes the name of the person that has the warrant as well as the crime that they were arrested for. This criminal history is considered part of the public record, and anyone can access it.

How to Get Access to Court Records Once you have located the public records and obtained a copy you will need to find the proper place to get a copy of this record. Some courts are only open twenty-four hours a day and require an appointment to view the documents. If the person has no court appointments then it may be necessary to make an application to the court directly. This application will have to be done in writing and should be filled out correctly.

What is Covered By Warrant Searches The warrant that you obtain will cover any criminal background investigation that was conducted against the person. For instance, if the person was arrested for suspicion of stealing, but the evidence did not turn up then a warrant for that person’s arrest would be filed. A person with a criminal record cannot avoid a criminal background check by purchasing a Concealed Handgun License, unless they can prove their innocence. This check is considered part of their criminal history. It is important to understand that if there is a warrant out for your arrest, then you could be held in jail without the right to have a concealed weapon while in the area.

Arrest warrants are usually issued by a judge upon the suspect’s initial arrest. The judge will then give the individual a notice that states there is a pending warrant for their arrest that is detailed on paper. People that are arrested for serious crimes such as felonies, should seek the advice of a licensed attorney.