Johnson County Kansas Marriage Records

Search For Marriage Records

NameAddressCityStateZip CodePhone Number
Johnson County Clerk Offices
Johnson County Clerk111 South Cherry StreetOlatheKS66061913-715-0775
Gardner City Clerk120 East Main StreetGardnerKS66030913-856-0951
Mission Clerk6090 Woodson RoadMissionKS66202913-722-0698
Spring Hill City Clerk401 North Madison StreetSpring HillKS66083913-592-3664
Westwood Kansas-City Clerk4700 Rainbow BoulevardWestwoodKS66205913-362-3737
Johnson County Town & City Halls
De Soto City Hall32905 W 84th StDe SotoKS66018913-583-1182
Edgerton City Hall404 East Nelson StreetEdgertonKS66021913-893-6231
Gardner City Hall120 East Main StreetGardnerKS66030913-856-7535
Leawood City Hall4800 Town Center DriveLeawoodKS66211913-339-6700
Lenexa City Hall12350 West 87th Street ParkwayLenexaKS66215913-477-7500
Mission City Hall6090 Woodson RoadMissionKS66202913-676-8350
Olathe City Hall100 East Santa Fe StreetOlatheKS66061913-971-8600
Overland Park City Hall12400 Foster StreetOverland ParkKS66213913-327-6870
Prairie Village City Hall7700 Mission RoadPrairie VillageKS66208913-381-6464
Shawnee City Hall11110 Johnson DriveShawneeKS66203913-631-2500
Spring Hill City Hall302 North Jefferson StreetSpring HillKS66083913-592-3664
Johnson County Marriage License Office
Johnson County Marriage License100 North Kansas AvenueOlatheKS66061913-715-3350
Johnson County Marriage & Divorce Records Databases
City of Olathe Cemetery Records
Gardner Township Cemetery Burial Records
Johnson County Cemetery Records
Johnson County Divorce Certificates
Johnson County Genealogy Records
Johnson County Library Genealogy Records
Johnson County Marriage Certificates & Records
Johnson County Vital Records (Kansas)
Johnson County's Olathe Memorial Cemetery Burial Records
Olathe Public Library Database
Married Couples125,497 (56.0%)
Unmarried Couples11,583 (2.0%)
Never Married Men65,761 (29.7%)
Never Married Women59,031 (25.0%)
Separated Men2,380 (1.1%)
Separated Women2,607 (1.1%)
Widowed Men4,254 (1.9%)
Widowed Women16,368 (6.9%)
Divorced Men17,997 (8.1%)
Divorced Women28,540 (12.1%)

A Brief Guide to Marriage Records

Marriage Records in Johnson County Kansas is maintained by the local government. All the marriages that happen in the county are noted down in the vital records office of Johnson County, Kansas. This office provides free marriage records to any citizen wishing to have it. However, certain conditions and locations apply when obtaining these records.

Marriage records are public records. The first step in getting your copy of a record is to contact the county where the marriage has been performed. Most of the county’s offices post copies of marriage documents on their web sites. You can get information about records of someone else as well. If you live in Kansas City, Missouri, for example, you will be able to find the marriage records of anyone who has lived there.

There is no charge for obtaining the marriage records. In fact, most of the offices provide a free marriage records service. All you have to do is fill out an application stating all the information that you want and pay a fee if you need additional information or records. If the document you require is older than sixty days, you may have to pay an extra fee. However, if the information is newer than this, you will be able to receive it for free.

These marriage records are kept in two different places. One is the county building and the other is off the premises but accessible by the public. The building keeps the records updated and files them periodically. For more up to date information, you can contact the office that handles the records directly.

Marriage Records in Johnson County Kansas is confidential. The only people that have access to this information are the couple, their parents, lawyers, witnesses, and anyone else who has something to do with the filing of the marriage. Children of the union are not entitled to this information either. If you want to obtain copies of your own records, you have to go to the county building.

There are times when the records are simply misplaced. The filing cabinet may have been moved or a fire may have destroyed the records. In such cases, you will have to get the records re-filed or they will be considered as null and void. But then again, you can ask for a duplicate. Information on the retrieval of these records can be requested from the county office. They will send you the information through certified mail.