Butler County Kansas Marriage Records

Search For Marriage Records

NameAddressCityStateZip CodePhone Number
Butler County Clerk Offices
Butler County Clerk205 West Central AvenueEl DoradoKS67042316-322-4239
Cassoday City Clerk133 South WashingtonCassodayKS66842620-735-4252
El Dorado Clerk128 North Vine StreetEl DoradoKS67042316-321-9120
Whitewater City Clerk201 South Elm StreetWhitewaterKS67154316-799-2445
Butler County Town & City Halls
Andover City Hall1609 East Central AvenueAndoverKS67002316-733-1303
Augusta City Hall113 East 6th AvenueAugustaKS67010316-775-4515
Benton City Hall154 South Main StreetBentonKS67017316-778-1625
Douglass City Hall322 South Forrest StreetDouglassKS67039316-747-2109
Latham City Hall233 Blaine StreetLathamKS67072620-965-3121
Towanda City Hall110 North 3rd StreetTowandaKS67144316-536-2243
Butler County Marriage License Office
Butler County Marriage License201 West Pine AvenueEl DoradoKS67042316-322-4358
Butler County Marriage & Divorce Records Databases
Butler County Clerk's Office Website
Butler County District Court Website
Butler County Divorce Certificates
Butler County Genealogy Records
Butler County Marriage Certificates & Records
Married Couples14,169 (58.2%)
Unmarried Couples1,138 (1.8%)
Never Married Men7,667 (29.2%)
Never Married Women5,157 (19.8%)
Separated Men200 (0.8%)
Separated Women230 (0.9%)
Widowed Men851 (3.2%)
Widowed Women2,552 (9.8%)
Divorced Men2,709 (10.3%)
Divorced Women3,247 (12.4%)

Marriage Records in Butler County Kansas

If you are searching for public records in Kansas, such as marriage records, then you should certainly look into searching for these records in Butler County, Kansas. The location of the county offices will vary from one place to another, depending on what office is in charge of maintenance and service of public records in the area. For example, if you need records of someone who was legally married in California but divorced in Kansas, you will have to do a little research to find out which county the former couple resided in. You can check with your local county clerk’s office to find out.

Once you have located the correct county to conduct your search, you can go through the records of marriages that you have found. All you have to do is fill out an application, which usually requires a small fee, and submit it for processing. They will let you know within about a week whether or not you qualify for the records. You will also have to fill out an affidavit of marriage explaining why you want the records and what you are doing with them.

The Kansas State Journal has very extensive coverage on marriage records. The free records will only give you basic information. They will list the names of the couple, their parents, witnesses’ and the official’s of the ceremony. You may want to request the records in more detail, especially if this person has relatives living in other states. It costs a nominal fee to view more detailed information and you may receive unlimited access to the public record database. If you do not intend to use the information for any criminal activity, you will be able to find out some personal information.

You may not be able to get access to records from outside of the county where the marriage happened. In that case, there are other sources of information. There are commercial providers that you can use in order to obtain the information you need. These companies will usually charge a fee, but they have a wealth of information available. Most of the information is available online so you can gain access to vital information quickly and easily.

The best place to start your search is by using the Internet. Type in “marital records” in your search engine. This will bring up a number of websites that will let you see the information you want. Some of them will even let you download the records straight to your computer for a small fee. Then you will be able to search for anything you want within seconds from your home.

You will also want to make sure that the records are accurate. If you do not do this, you may end up with a set of records that are either outdated or wrong. If you need an official certified copy of the records you will want to contact the county clerk of your county. If you cannot locate their office or you are not sure who they are, you may want to call the Kansas state records department. They are also located all throughout the state and will give you access to the information you need.