Hancock County Iowa Marriage Records

Search For Marriage Records

NameAddressCityStateZip CodePhone Number
Hancock County Clerk Offices
Hancock County ClerkPO Box 70GarnerIA50438641-923-2532
Britt City Clerk170 Main Avenue SouthBrittIA50423641-843-4433
Crystal Lake City Clerk225 State Street SouthCrystal LakeIA50432641-565-3577
Kanawha City Clerk121 North Main StreetKanawhaIA50447641-762-3632
Klemme City Clerk204 East Main StreetKlemmeIA50449641-587-2018
Hancock County Town & City Halls
Corwith City Hall108 NW Elm StCorwithIA50430515-583-2342
Corwith Town Hall108 Northwest Elm StreetCorwithIA50430515-583-2342
Garner City Hall135 West 5th StreetGarnerIA50438641-923-2588
Hancock County Marriage License Office
Hancock County Marriage License855 State StreetGarnerIA50438641-923-2464
Hancock County Marriage & Divorce Records Databases
Hancock County Divorce Certificates
Hancock County Marriage Certificates & Records
Hancock County Recorder Website
Married Couples2,669 (55.5%)
Unmarried Couples379 (3.5%)
Never Married Men1,216 (27.1%)
Never Married Women776 (17.3%)
Separated Men31 (0.7%)
Separated Women38 (0.8%)
Widowed Men173 (3.8%)
Widowed Women600 (13.4%)
Divorced Men357 (7.9%)
Divorced Women360 (8.0%)

Marriage Records in Hancock County, Iowa

To access marriage records in Hancock County, Iowa, you must apply for them in person. The process usually takes between 15 and 20 minutes, but you should arrive early to ensure sufficient time to complete your application. There are also ways to apply online. The application will remain in a pending status for a certain amount of time. You must meet the requirements in order for your marriage license to be issued. To apply for a marriage license, you must show proper identification, which can include a passport or a federal or state identification card. You must also provide the date of your last marriage.

The Hancock County Clerk’s Office DOES NOT DO RESEARCH. Although most staff members are more than willing to help you find the materials you are looking for, it is your responsibility to do your own research. You can find marriage records, land records, probate records, and court records by the following dates. The date indicated for each record is typically the earliest registration. This doesn’t mean that there are a large number of records in that year.

If you are looking for marriage records in Hancock County, IA, you can look through the county’s website or apply for them online. The County’s online ordering system makes it easy to obtain vital records. It’s important to note that the marriage records for the years 1921 and 1941 are not available online. If you are interested in looking up vital records in Hancock County, you can apply to the Iowa Bureau of Health Statistics.

Hancock County, IA marriage records include divorce decrees, licenses, and marriage certificates. These documents are often needed to prove the validity of a marriage. You may even need a copy to get a government benefit. You can also find divorce and birth certificates from the Hancock County Department of Public Health. So, whether you want to marry a new person or get divorced, you’ll need to look into the relevant documents.

There are several ways to search marriage records in Hancock County. You can find a marriage certificate, divorce records, and more. The Recorder’s office will also hold the necessary information for civil unions in Hancock County. There are many public records in Hancock County, including property titles and mortgages. They can also serve as an index for other records related to a marriage. For example, if a couple wants to apply for citizenship, they must get a marriage certificate first.

The Recorder’s office will place the marriage certificate on the record. It will then be certified and mailed to the Party A and B. This copy can be used for a variety of purposes, including changing your name on your driver’s license or social security card. You must have two witnesses who are over the age of eighteen. You must have a photo ID as well. The marriage license will not expire for six months after it is issued, but you should make sure you have a certified copy in case you ever need to change it again.