Adams County Indiana Marriage Records

Search For Marriage Records

NameAddressCityStateZip CodePhone Number
Adams County Clerk Offices
Adams County Clerk112 South 2nd StreetDecaturIN46733260-724-5505
Berne City Clerk158 West Franklin StreetBerneIN46711260-589-8526
Adams County Town & City Halls
Berne City Hall158 West Franklin StreetBerneIN46711260-589-8526
Decatur City Hall225 West Monroe StreetDecaturIN46733260-724-7171
Geneva Town Hall411 East Line StreetGenevaIN46740260-368-7251
Monroe Town Hall102 South Polk StreetMonroeIN46772260-692-6215
Adams County Marriage License Office
Adams County Marriage License112 South 2nd StreetDecaturIN46733260-724-5311
Adams County Marriage & Divorce Records Databases
Adams County Clerk Website
Adams County Divorce Certificates
Adams County Genealogy Records
Adams County Health Department Vital Records
Adams County Marriage Certificates & Records
Married Couples6,819 (54.8%)
Unmarried Couples688 (2.0%)
Never Married Men3,797 (30.3%)
Never Married Women2,782 (21.1%)
Separated Men121 (1.0%)
Separated Women188 (1.4%)
Widowed Men349 (2.8%)
Widowed Women1,536 (11.7%)
Divorced Men1,032 (8.2%)
Divorced Women1,578 (12.0%)

Marriage Records in Adams County, Indiana

Adams County, Indiana is one of the many counties that have public marriage records. You can find the most recent records online, including the Adams County Marriage Records, from the Indiana State Public Record website. This is a great way to find a marriage record in Adams County. If you have a specific surname, you can look up that surname on a specific page of the index. The marriage index is also available for other counties, but if you have a particular one in mind, you can always use a search engine to look up marriage records in that county.

If you are looking for marriage records in Adams County, Indiana, you have a few options. Most churches have these records, so you can contact them. Some denominations have started compiling their records into a central repository. Another option is the state’s Land and Property Office. You can search for information on early Indiana land grants and patents. This database will show you how to find marriage records in Adams County, Indiana.

If you want to find your family tree, you may want to look at the Adams County Health Department. They maintain birth, death, and marriage records. You can get certified copies of these records. This information is helpful for a number of reasons, including school registration, passport, and insurance. Additionally, you will need this document if you want to register for school, get insurance, and protect your property. Be aware that some hospitals will issue souvenir certificates with your foot prints on them. These are not legal documents and are not recommended.

If you are interested in finding Indiana marriage records, you should start by visiting the Adams County Courthouse. The office is located in Decatur, Indiana. The documents in the index include marriage applications, affidavits for certificates of marriage, and marriage records returns. This document is available for the public online, but it may require a trip to the courthouse. Once you have your license, you can get married.

You can also obtain vital records from the Adams County Health Department. The vital records division is responsible for maintaining these records. You can get certified copies of birth and death certificates from 1882 to the present. A certified birth or death certificate is important for a number of reasons, including school registration, insurance, passport, and personal and property rights. You can also check out the Adams County Courthouse’s microfilms for marriages.

You can also check out marriage records in Adams County, Indiana by visiting the courthouse. You can also find the birth, death, and marriage certificates from this county. The health department also maintains military records, but you cannot do research through these records. However, this is not the best place to find information about a deceased loved one. If you are unable to locate a deceased relative, contact the appropriate office and ask for help.