Montgomery County North Carolina Arrest Warrant Criminal Records

Search For Warrants

NameAddressCityStateZip CodePhone Number
(1898)Montgomery County Police Departments
Biscoe Police Department114 West Main StreetBiscoeNC27209910-428-2978
Montgomery County Police Departments
North Carolina State Highway Patrol Troop E District Ii - Substation166 Glen RoadTroyNC27371910-572-1479
Star Police Department454 South Main StreetStarNC27356910-428-9224
Town Of Candor Police Department208 South Main StreetCandorNC27229910-974-4777
Town Of Mount Gilead Police Department107 West Allenton StreetMount GileadNC27306910-439-6711
Troy Police Department610 North Main StreetTroyNC27371910-576-8151
Troy Police Department120 East Broughton StreetTroyNC27371
Montgomery County Sheriff Department
Montgomery County Sheriffs Department / Montgomery County Jail111 West Main StreetTroyNC27371910-572-1313
Montgomery County Criminal Records & Warrants Databases
Montgomery County Arrest Warrants
Montgomery County Child Support Warrants
Montgomery County Criminal Records
Montgomery County Pistol Permits & Gun Licenses
Montgomery County Sex Offender Registry
Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Website

Where Can I Find Out If Someone Has a Warrant?

Warrant records are one of the most requested public records. For the most part, warrant records can be obtained free of charge, but in some jurisdictions you will be required to pay a minimal fee in order to access these records. In some instances, such as in Montgomery County, North Carolina, the Statewide Misdemeanors Processing System charges an administrative fee for each retrieval request that it receives. Performing a warrant search online is usually free of charge; however, you may incur an additional processing fee if you choose to pay for this search.

The basic reason behind performing a warrant search is to learn if a person you are interested in has ever been convicted of a crime. By performing a warrant record search, you can learn whether they have ever been convicted of a crime, or about any other criminal offense. If there is an outstanding warrant out for your arrest, you will not be able to perform a search unless you pay the fee required by the Statewide Misdemeanors Processing System. However, in some cases, a person who is arrested and taken into police custody may be able to later request a copy of their record from the courts. Under certain circumstances, your request will be approved and you will be able to view the information contained in the record. Performing a warrant search gives you a peace of mind.

How do warrants get approved? In the majority of jurisdiction, a warrant application must be filed with the clerk of court in the county the person is accused of committing the crime. The request goes through a three-step procedure: the police must file a notice of arrest with the clerk of court, the clerk must then notify the arrestee, and the person must then be notified of the warrant. From there, the applicant can then apply to have the record sealed or destroyed. In the case of a felony arrest warrant, the applicant must appear at a hearing set by the judge and sign the warrant of arrest.

Are warrant records easy to search? Yes! The courts make it relatively simple to locate warrant records, as well as criminal background checks. If you are interested in checking, you may be required to pay a nominal fee–usually a small one-time fee for a year’s access to the public record database.

Can I use an online search? You certainly can! Most companies offer a free basic search but some will allow a more limited search for an additional fee. For advanced searches, most companies require that you fax or mail a written request for records retrieval.

Where can I find out if a person has a criminal record? Warrant searches are public record. You can look for them online. However, be aware that not all records are available due to the fact that not every police station records everything. Some states and counties do not list arrests, criminal convictions, and jail time on their websites.